Single Tooth Replacement – Ormond Beach, FL
Treat the Empty Space in Your Smile
If you have lost a tooth, you may not be in a hurry to replace it, especially if the empty space is in the back of your mouth. Although it is only a single tooth, it is best to treat it right away. Now, you have many options for single tooth replacement in Ormond Beach. Besides a traditional bridge and crowns, you can enjoy the stability of a dental implant. Brown & Nawrocki will rebuild your smile using a solution that best meets your needs.
Single Tooth Replacement Options
Every tooth is vital to your oral health and functions. Even a single missing tooth causes both to decline. Your jawbone loses density because it is no longer stimulated by the root. This makes your remaining teeth lose support, causing them to shift and become loose. This increases your risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and additional tooth loss. As you lose more bone density, your facial appearance changes, often making you look years older than your true age.
You can preserve your smile and your oral health using one of two treatment options:
- Fixed Bridge: Traditionally, a missing tooth is treated using a bridge and crowns. An impression of your mouth is taken to create a prosthetic tooth. The bridge is secured in place by bonding dental crowns to the adjacent teeth. This option can last for about 5 years before needing to be replaced, but you will need to permanently alter your teeth.
- Single Tooth Implant: A titanium implant post is surgically placed into your jawbone. An abutment is connected to the post to attach a dental crown. This treatment can last for a lifetime if you maintain your oral hygiene and visit your dentist regularly.
Benefits of Single Tooth Implant
Dental implants in Ormond Beach replace the entire structure of a tooth, not just the portion visible above the gum line. The implant post acts as a new tooth root to stimulate bone growth in your jaw. This not only preserves your bone density but also allows you to enjoy several benefits that are not achievable using a bridge and crown, including:
- Over a 95% 10-year success rate.
- Enjoy natural-looking results using a porcelain restoration.
- Regain 70% of your biting force to chew your favorite foods again.
- Preserve density in your jaw to stop dental drift.
- Reduce your risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and additional tooth loss.
- Does not alter healthy teeth.
- Supports your facial structures for a youthful appearance.
- Easy maintenance and care.
- Long-term solution that can last for several decades.
- Cost-effective because you never need to worry about having it replaced.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
Whether you have lost a tooth from decay, infection, or injury, do not wait to have it replaced. We can rebuild a beautiful, functional smile with a solution right for you. If you are ready to enjoy a predictable and reliable treatment, contact our office today to see if a dental implant is right for you.