The dentist’s office probably isn’t your favorite place to be, and we understand. Many patients feel anxious or afraid when faced with upcoming treatment. That’s why our team does everything we can to create an engaging, friendly experience for you. But if that isn’t enough to ease your nerves, calming sedation dentistry can be provided as well. These techniques are designed to encourage relaxation and create a smoother, safer treatment process overall. Interested in sedation dentistry? Please contact Brown & Nawrocki Restorative & Cosmetic Dentistry today to schedule your first appointment, or if you have any questions. Located in Ormond Beach, FL, our practice also serves the surrounding areas of Ormond-by-the-Sea, FL and beyond.
Do I Need Sedation Dentistry?
If any of the following sound familiar, to you sedation dentistry could be the right fit.
- Do you regularly struggle with scheduling dental appointments because of nervousness or outright fear?
- Do you have trouble sitting still and/or holding your mouth open for prolonged periods of time?
- Do you have trouble becoming numb with local anesthetic?
- Do you have an overly sensitive gag reflex?
- Are you in need of multiple, complex procedures that need to be completed in a single appointment?
What are the Types of Sedation Dentistry?
- Oral conscious sedation can create a deep state of relaxation for patients in need; in some cases, you may even experience partial or full amnesia in regards to the appointment itself. Our team will provide a prescription for an oral sedative, as well as instructions on when to take it. Patients will need an escort to bring them both to and from our office on the day of their procedure.
- Nitrous oxide (also commonly referred to as “laughing gas”) is a milder sedative that patients breathe in through a nasal mask. After a few minutes, you should begin to feel calmer and more content. The most valuable benefit of this technique is that its effects wear off just as quickly as they begin, meaning patients can return to their regular routines right away without any trouble.