When you’re in need of experienced, compassionate care for dental problems that are plaguing your smile, there’s no better place to visit than Brown & Nawrocki Restorative & Cosmetic Dentistry. As one of the only prosthodontists in the Ormond Beach, FL area, Dr. Nawrocki is capable of rebuilding teeth and restoring oral function in ways that exceed expectations. Dr. Brown has been providing excellent general care to patients and families in need since 1978. Together, their menu of restorative services covers minor cavities, extensive tooth loss, and virtually everything in between. Contact us today to schedule your first consultation with our team. We always welcome new patients from Port Orange, FL and surrounding areas.
How Do I Fix Tooth Decay?
Cavities are one of the most common dental problems in the world. In fact, over 90% of the population will experience at least one at some point in their lifetime. That’s why our method for correcting them is so important, and also why our doctors have decided to leave traditional amalgam fillings in the past and replace them with the much more beneficial tooth-colored filling.
Tooth-colored fillings are crafted from high-quality composite resin, which can be shaded to match natural enamel exceptionally well for a confident, lifelike outcome. In addition to its cosmetic benefits, this restorative method is more conservative, meaning that we can preserve more of the patient’s original tooth during the treatment process, and less prone to sensitivity caused by temperature than its predecessor.
How Do I Fix Injured Teeth?
Dental crowns are a highly successful and versatile service for treating teeth that have been damaged in any capacity, including significant decay, severe cracks, gradual wear-and-tear, cosmetic imperfections, and more. This individual restoration is designed to cover the entire white surface of a single tooth, protecting it from further harm and rebuilding its natural shape, strength, and appearance in a more pleasing fashion.
How Do I Replace Missing Teeth?
Rebuilding strong, lifelike dental structure for patients in need is Dr. Nawrocki’s specialty, and we want you to know you are in excellent hands from your very first appointment here at our practice. Several choices are available for replacing missing teeth, and each has their unique benefits and potential disadvantages, which will depend on your personal preferences and situation. Options include:
- Dental implants are the clear frontrunner for quality, long-term tooth replacement because of their state-of-the-art structure, valuable health benefits, and impressively lifelike appearance. However, the time commitment and cost associated with them may not be right for every patient.
- Dental bridges can replace consecutive missing teeth in a fixed, sturdy fashion by attaching dental crowns to nearby natural teeth, effectively “anchoring” the new restoration in place within the mouth. However, the chosen teeth will have to be altered to accommodate the bridge, which isn’t ideal for the patient’s overall oral health.
- Full or partial dentures offer reliable, affordable coverage for patients who’ve lost a large amount (or even all) of their natural teeth and need new support to continue eating, speaking, and smiling with confidence. This tried-and-true technique is likely to result in gradual jawbone deterioration over time, though. At Brown & Nawrocki Restorative & Cosmetic Dentistry, we offer both traditional (removable) and implant-retained dentures for patients in need.
Will My Teeth Have To Be Removed?
Here in Ormond Beach, our team will make every effort to restore and preserve your natural teeth so that they serve you well for many years to come. However, there are situations where tooth extraction can become an unfortunate reality, such as the following:
- When a tooth has become decayed to the point that restorative treatments like tooth-colored fillings and crowns cannot correct the problem.
- When a tooth has suffered a traumatic injury that is too severe to correct through regular means.
- When one or more third molars (wisdom teeth) that erupt late into the mouth cause significant problems that threaten a patient’s overall oral health and wellbeing, such as impaction, increased risk of infection, or overcrowding.
In these situations, patients can rest assured knowing that our team will handle their extraction procedure as smoothly and comfortably as possible. Relaxing amenities like sedation dentistry are available to help you feel even more at ease. Dr. Nawrocki and Dr. Brown will also be sure to start reviewing potential tooth replacement solutions (if necessary) with you right away.