Porcelain Veneers – Ormond Beach, FL
Creating Beautifully Custom-Made Smiles
Do you have flaws or imperfections in your smile? Whether you know it or not, it may be holding you back. Your smile is a powerful tool that you can use to make impressions, but if it’s full of chips, cracks, gaps, or other issues, you may be self-conscious to flash your grin. Thankfully, at Brown & Nawrocki, we offer porcelain veneers to completely transform your smile. Contact our office to get started on a beautifully enhanced set of teeth.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin shells of dental porcelain that are custom-made to be placed on the front surfaces of the teeth that show when you smile. Dr. Andrew Nawrocki will securely bond the veneers to your natural teeth to create a strong and beautiful smile. The best part is that they can be made to your exact specifications, so you can pick the size, shape, and color of your porcelain veneers.
There are 2 different types of veneers, and Dr. Nawrocki will give your mouth a careful examination to determine which one is right for you.
Traditional Porcelain Veneers
Traditional veneers usually take 2 trips to our office to complete. During the first, a small amount of your tooth structure is removed to accommodate the porcelain veneers that cover it. You will be given temporary veneers to wear until your next visit to protect your prepared teeth. During your second visit, Dr. Nawrocki will bond the porcelain veneers onto your teeth to create a beautiful smile.
Minimal-prep veneers eliminate the need for additional appointments and temporary veneers. In one visit to our office, Dr. Nawrocki can use a thinner veneer that doesn’t usually require the alteration of your natural tooth structure. Because there is no preparation that needs to be done, you can receive a dramatically improved smile in a shorter amount of time. Plus, if you want to return to the look of your natural teeth, you still have that option available.
What is the Procedure Like?
Once we decide that porcelain veneers are right for you, Dr. Nawrocki will remove a small portion of your tooth enamel to make room for your veneers. After, he will take X-Rays and special impressions of your smile to send to a dental lab for the custom creation of your veneers. That’s when you’ll receive your temporary veneers to protect your teeth until your next appointment. Once we receive your veneers, you’ll come back in to get your temporary veneers replaced with permanent ones. Most patients experience little to no discomfort and can resume their daily activities after numbing from the placement wears off.
What Are the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
Patients enjoy a wide variety of benefits from porcelain veneers, but here are some of the most popular advantages:
- Because they cover up the entire tooth, they can conceal a wide-range of flaws and imperfections.
- Veneers are minimally invasive, so you won’t have to worry about a long recovery or pain.
- Dental porcelain is stain-resistant, so your new smile will stay whiter for a longer period of time.
- Porcelain veneers are completely custom-made for a personalized smile.
- With proper care, veneers can last for decades, which makes them a great investment in your smile.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
Investing in your smile through veneer treatment is also an investment in your confidence and quality of life for many years to come. Because every smile is unique, there is no one-size-fits-all cost of veneers in Ormond Beach. However, like most dental work, you tend to get what you pay for. At Brown & Nawrocki Restorative & Cosmetic Dentistry, we use high-quality porcelain to create beautiful custom veneers. We also offer additional cosmetic services to meet a wide range of smile goals.
Cost VS Cosmetic Dentistry: What’s Right for Me?
Whether you want to brighten several stained teeth or completely transform your smile, cosmetic dentistry can help you accomplish your goals. There are a variety of cosmetic treatments at various price points you may want to consider, such as:
- Teeth Whitening – A white smile can do wonders for your appearance and your self-confidence. Removing stains with professional teeth whitening can typically be accomplished in just one or two appointments. If you prefer to brighten your teeth on your own time, custom trays and a professional-strength gel from a cosmetic dentist in Ormond Beach can do the trick.
- Direct Bonding – If your teeth are stained, chipped, cracked, or gapped, you should consider direct bonding. This budget-friendly cosmetic treatment can quickly fix a wide range of minor dental imperfections. In general, direct bonding must be touched up every few years.
- Veneers – Get a beautiful smile fit for a Hollywood red carpet with veneer treatment! In just two short visits, veneers can dramatically improve the color, shape and position of your teeth. With proper care, you can expect your veneers to last for 10 to 20 years.
- Braces – If your teeth are badly misaligned, you may benefit more from orthodontic treatment. Although braces cannot fix chipped teeth or other minor dental flaws, they can help you achieve a straighter smile. Keep in mind that orthodontic treatment is often expensive, usually costing around $5,000 to $6,000.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
At Brown & Nawrocki Restorative & Cosmetic Dentistry, we believe every patient should be able to afford the attractive smile of their dreams. Like many cosmetic treatments, dental insurance typically does not cover veneers. However, there are several options available to help manage the cost of veneer treatment.
For example, you may want to consider our new in-office savings plans. For a low monthly fee, patients get complimentary preventive checkups twice a year as well as hefty discounts on select cosmetic services.
In addition, we are proud to partner with CareCredit and Wells Fargo Health Advantage. These trusted third-party financiers help qualified patients by breaking up the cost of dental care into manageable monthly payments. With low-to-no interest financing from CareCredit or Wells Fargo Health Advantage, you can be sure that veneer treatment won’t bust your budget!
For more information about the cost of veneers in Ormond Beach, do not hesitate to schedule an initial consultation at our office. Dr. Nawrocki and our entire team will do everything we can to help you transform your smile in an affordable way.
Porcelain Veneers FAQs
If you have been unsatisfied with the appearance of your grin for some time, porcelain veneers may be just the treatment you need to revitalize your teeth and, by extension, your personal and professional life. However, before you begin the treatment process, it’s perfectly normal for you to have a few questions, which is why we’ve answered some of our most frequently asked questions about veneers below.
Are Veneers Permanent?
Porcelain veneers (traditional ones, at least) are considered a permanent and irreversible dental treatment. Why is that? Because the treatment requires that some enamel be removed in the process. Once it has been removed, enamel does not grow back, meaning you will always need some kind of restoration to protect your teeth in the future, whether that be veneers or dental crowns. Minimal-prep veneers, on the other hand, usually do not require enamel removal, so they can be considered impermanent.
Does Getting Veneers Hurt?
Many patients hear that some enamel must be shaved away and become anxious that the procedure will hurt. However, before your teeth are prepared, our dentists will make sure that the area is numbed up with local anesthetic to ensure you don’t feel a thing. Furthermore, for patients with extreme nervousness surrounding the idea of getting dental work done, we offer sedation options to help soothe your worries.
How Long Do Veneers Last?
Veneers typically have a lifespan of 10-20 years, provided you take excellent care of them. Here are a few tips for making sure your veneers stay in great condition for as long as possible:
- Brush your teeth with an ultra-soft toothbrush twice a day and floss at least once daily.
- Wear a custom nightguard when you sleep to prevent unconscious damage to your veneers during the night.
- Attend your regular checkups and cleanings with us every six months.
- Avoid using your teeth as tools for anything other than speaking or eating. Don’t chew on inedible objects like pencils, ice, or fingernails.
Am I a Good Candidate for Veneers?
If you have any of the following cosmetic imperfections in your smile, veneers may be just the treatment you need:
- Cracks or chips
- Stubborn stains or discoloration
- Small gaps between teeth
- Misshapen or worn-down teeth
- Slightly rotated or crooked teeth
Before we can go through with treatment, we’ll have to make sure that your mouth is infection-free. If you have any untreated cavities or gum disease, we’ll have to address those issues before placing veneers.