Dental Checkups & Cleanings – Ormond Beach, FL
Keeping Your Smile Healthy and Bright
The American Dental Association recommends that patients visit their dentist for routine dental checkups and cleanings every six months in order to keep their smiles healthy and bright. These quick and easy appointments can stop oral health issues before they start, and better yet, they ensure that your smile will always look its absolute best. Keep reading below to learn a little more about why you shouldn’t hesitate to schedule a visit with us if it’s been more than six months, along with what you can expect during these preventive dental checkups.
Why Choose Brown & Nawrocki Restorative & Cosmetic Dentistry for Dental Checkups & Cleanings?
- Friendly & Experienced Dental Team
- Comfortable Office with Modern Amenities
- Advanced, Cutting-Edge Dental Technology
Why Are Regular Dental Checkups & Cleanings Important?
There are many reasons that routine dental visits are vital, but here are the two main ones:
- Preventing costly future concerns: Since oral health problems can often go unnoticed until they begin to cause discomfort or complications, spotting them ahead of time can save you trouble and money in the long run! During your visit, our team will check closely for indications of various problems such as acid reflux, oral cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and more.
- Maintaining your bright & healthy smile: We can use professional-grade materials to thoroughly polish your teeth and remove deep stains that you can’t get rid of with brushing and flossing alone. This ensures a whiter smile moving forward!
What to Expect During a Dental Checkup
There are a few different things you can expect to happen during your dental checkup. First, our team will perform a comprehensive oral examination to search for any underlying concerns that could be threatening your smile. This usually involves a visual exam of your teeth, gums, and soft oral tissues, as well as taking X-rays to assess the roots of your teeth and the health of your jawbone. We’ll also check the integrity of any dental restorations (such as fillings, crowns, dentures, etc.). Finally, we’ll perform an oral cancer screening.
We’ll then walk you through our findings and let you know if there are any present issues you’ll need to have addressed, like cavities or gum disease. Simply put, we’ll check every nook and cranny of your mouth to ensure it’s in tiptop shape!
What to Expect During a Dental Cleaning
Even if you practice excellent oral hygiene at home, your smile can greatly benefit from a dental cleaning. Before we wrap up your visit, we’ll perform a thorough cleaning of your smile to remove any present debris, tartar, and plaque. We can utilize special tools that are capable of reaching areas of your mouth that your toothbrush can’t access on its own. We’ll also use professional-grade polishing paste to carefully buff away stains and plaque, resulting in incredibly smooth and shiny pearly whites that you’ll love showing off. Not only will you gain a gleaming and refreshed smile, but your risk of oral health issues will also be dramatically reduced!